Sunday, July 18
Man, time sure does fly. The number one question I wish to answer is ‘Did I enjoy this past week?” and the answer would have to be “Yes.” No, I did not complete everything on my list of things to do. I am satisfied with the ones I have completed.
The biggy on my list is Goal 5 - build shelves in my closet. That I did complete this week. I now have one more thing to do for the closet and I will finished with the construction. I need to hang the bar across to hang my clothes on.
As for Goal 1, I wrote over 5,000 words this time. I am that much closer to the end. Scene 91 is written and I am working on scene 92. In total, I completed over 8 scenes this week.
Goal 2 did not fair as well. I got two pages done. The thing is that the way I build them is a bit cumbersome. I do have a new program that I need to install that is supposed to be good at building scrapbook pages. Time to put that little buddy to work. Which means, I will need to learn how to use another program. Oh, well. Big Grin.
Goals 6 has gotten off to a good start. I have gone through several crates and will be getting rid of some magazines. The Natchitoches area has a FreeCycle group that people can post things that they wish to get rid of. If someone out there wants it, then this keeps the item from filling the landfill. I have over two dozen Popular Mechanics magazines that I will offer up sometime this week.
Goal 11 was not that hard to do. Sending out requests via email is not that hard to do. What is hard will be waiting to see if I get a response from anyone. So far, I have not. That will weigh heavy on goal 12. If I do not get any input, I will not build a newsletter.
Here are this week’s goals. They will look familiar since most of them appeared on last week’s list.
- Write 10,000 words
- Build 8 scrapbook pages for Nola Stars
- Catalog 70 articles I have collected
- Update my personal telephone directory (confirm or add 10 numbers)
- Start repair work on floor around air vent in bathroom
- Sort through 3 of my storage crates
- Build 10 more pages to the Nola News Extra
- Search through and look at 30 web sites for ideas on my web site
- Write two reviews for books read
- Start reading July’s first book
- Send out another request for family stories for a family newsletter
- Begin assembling family newsletter
- Replace pipe under the kitchen sink
- Write an article
- Find family photo albums
- Print up reunion photos for last three years
This is what I have planned for my week. As usual, my list sitting beside my computer is much longer. I plan to work on all of my goals but you know what happens to the best made plans. See ya later, Clark Stone.