Sunday, June 06
Oh well, it is that time once again. It seems that I am working on everything except for the goals I set up for myself. Now, I did manage to make it closer to the end of my book by writing over 8000 words on it this past week.
As for reading the books last month, I did not pick up one. Yet, I have already shot through one earlier this week. That makes four reviews I need to work on. I still plan to read through at least two more books this month.
As for repairing my closet, bathroom and bedroom floors, I have gathered a few bits of material that will allow me to work on it.
And for the articles, I have worked on one unnamed article. I plan to push it out this month and post it on my website. Speaking of my website, I intend to work on it as well.
Now, my list this month will look like last month’s but I think I will add a few items that I know I need to take care of. One of them is due this week. One item is due at the end of this month.
My goals for this month are
- Finish the first draft of my current sci-fi novel
- Go through manuscript for questions and make sure they are answered
- Plan out and write five short stories
- Read three books and write reviews for them
- Determine three areas on my web page that needs adjusting and adjust them
- Repair the floor to my closet and add shelves – have to clean out closet first
- Clean up room – throw away unneeded material and store other material
- Repair floor in bathroom
- Repair floor in my room
- To start a fictitious news reports for my Friday Blog post
- Prepare my writing magazines (including RWR) for donation to Northwestern State University
- Build list of my software and collect all the codes for them. – Possible reinstallation of operating system
- Get laptop repaired - Multiple problems
- Catch up and maintain my ‘The Weekend Novelist’ project
- To complete the Nola News newsletter for July/August before the end of the month
- Write four articles
* 1) Two on backups
* 2) One about index cards
* 3) Finish one on Expendable Character Names
My goals for this week are
- Write 10,000 words
- Complete the Nola News Extra Edition for May/June (due out last week)
- Call Warranty Repair on my Toshiba Laptop
- Build 8 scrapbook pages for Nola Stars
- Catalog 140 articles I have collected
- Get car’s front end aligned
- Update my personal telephone directory
- Build three humorous fictitious news stories for Friday’s Blog Entry
- Go to Nola Stars meeting
I have other goals but these are some of my most important ones for this week. This feels like my yearly resolutions except that they are for the month and the week. I wonder how many of them I will achieve and how many I will break. I can tell you that I know I will succeed in doing at least two of them. Big Grin. Until later, have a nice day, week, & month – Clark Stone